Road America Service Provider Requirements

How to Become a Road America Service Provider

Every year, thousands of towing and roadside assistance companies become service providers for networks like Road America. It’s one of the most efficient ways to keep a steady customer stream with relatively little effort. However, there are certain service and licensing benchmarks you’ll have to meet in order to become a service provider for Road America, in order to “ensure that all customers working with Road America receive consistent, high-quality service.”

Service Provider Requirements:

  • Be fully licensed and insured
  • Provide 24-hour operations with live dispatchers
  • Have an established training program
  • Maintain all service equipment in clean and proper working order
  • Require uniforms as well as driving and criminal background checks for employees
  • Agree and adhere to Road America’s contracted service rates
  • Maintain established performance standards for Estimated/Actual time of arrival, call acceptance, and complaint-to-service ratio

Insurance Requirements for Road America Service Providers

For most small businesses, contract insurance requirements are confusing, complex, and intimidating. For roadside assistance and towing providers, there is the added challenge of actually finding the coverage and limits you need, without spending half of your annual revenue. This article will give you an easy guide to the coverages, limits and endorsements that Road America requires, what they mean, and how to get a certificate of insurance that meets Road America’s insurance requirements, without breaking the bank.

Road America Service Provider Insurance Requirements

As a Road America Service Provider, your contract requires you to provide a certificate of insurance with certain coverages, limits and language. In the next section, we’ll provide easy, pre-made policies with all of your requirements built in.

If you’re contracting with multiple Roadside Service Networks, read Insurance 101 for Towing Companies to compare the various insurance requirements you’ll have to meet!

General Liability: $500K

General Liability Insurance covers third party injury and property damage. You’re required to have limits of at least $100K each person and $300K each occurrence for bodily injury, as well as $100K each occurrence for property damage. Or, a combined single limit of $500K for both.

Automobile Liability: $500K

Your requirements for Automobile Liability are identical to general liability. This coverage provides similar protection, for bodily injury and property damage that takes place while you’re driving.

Workers’ Compensation: Statutory

If you have employees, you’re required to purchase workers compensation that meets the minimum legal limit determined by your state. You can find the requirements for your state here, or purchase a pre-built Road America Policy and our advisors will fill it in for you.

Garage Keeper’s & On-Hook: $25K

Garage Keeper’s covers damages that take place while you’re storing a vehicle. On-Hook provides coverage for damages that take place while you’re towing a vehicle.

Certificate Holder

Listing Road America as a certificate holder allows them to access information and updates on your insurance policies, like early cancellation notices. You should list the following on your certificate of insurance:

Road America and Brickell Financial, Inc.
7300 Corporate Center Drive
6th Floor
Miami, FL 33126

How to Meet Road America’s Insurance Requirements

There is a perfect storm of factors making insurance tricky for towing and roadside assistance providers to get insured. For starters, some insurance carriers don’t offer the limits that networks require, which can make it difficult to find coverage at all. Additionally, the auto insurance industry has become significantly more competitive in the past few years, making policies more expensive.

At Bunker, we’re working to change this by helping carriers enter the market with new, affordable products, and simplifying the process for towing and roadside assistance companies.

That’s why we’ve pre-built policies that come with every element of Road America’s insurance requirement already included. Select a policy below, fill out a quick, 5 minute application, and one of our licensed insurance advisors will reach out to make sure you have exactly what you need.

If you already have an agent or broker that you enjoy working with, make sure you’re very specific about your business and your insurance requirements.

If you have any questions, Bunker’s team of licensed insurance advisors is here for you! Reach out to, or give us a call at (877) 968-9108.

Explore Insurance Requirements for Other Top Roadside Assistance Marketplaces:

Agero Insurance Requirements
Agero Insurance Requirements
Insurance requirements for roadside assistance and towing providers working with Honk
Honk Insurance Requirements
Insurance requirements for towing providers working with top roadside assistance networks, Agero, Waste Management, Urgently, Honk, Pinnacle Motor Club, and Urgently
Insurance 101 for Towing Companies