Honk Insurance Requirement Guide

Insurance Requirements for Honk Service Providers

Partnering with a roadside assistance network is one of the best ways for towing companies to succeed. With a steady stream of demand and little marketing or brand awareness needed, it’s no surprise that thousands of towing companies become service providers for roadside assistance networks like Honk. For many roadside assistance companies, the final (and most difficult) step to signing up as a service provider is getting a certificate of insurance that meets Honk’s insurance requirements.

There is a perfect storm of factors making insurance tricky for towing and roadside assistance providers. For starters, most roadside assistance networks have different requirements, so it can be confusing to try and meet all of them. Secondly, some insurance carriers don’t offer the limits that networks require, which can make it difficult to find coverage at all. Finally, the auto insurance industry has become significantly more competitive in the past few years, making policies more expensive.

At Bunker, we’re working to change this by helping carriers enter the market with new, affordable products, and simplifying the process for towing and roadside assistance companies.

This article will give you a simple guide to the Coverages, Limits and Endorsements that Honk requires, what they cover, and how to get a Certificate of Insurance that meets your requirements quickly and affordably.

Honk Service Provider Insurance Requirements

As a Honk Service Provider, the insurance requirements in your contract will vary based on the work you’re doing. In the next section, we’ll provide easy, pre-made policies for both Towing and Non-Towing providers, with all of your requirements built in.

To compare the insurance requirements for the top Roadside Assistance networks, read Insurance 101 for Towing Companies!

All Providers:

General Liability: $300K

General Liability Insurance will cover third party injury and property damage up to $300,000.

Automobile Liability: $300K

Your Commercial Auto policy will cover up to $300,000 in damages that take place while you’re driving as part of your job. If you’re driving vehicles that you don’t own personally, you may need Hired and Non-Owned Auto.

Certificate Holder

Listing Honk as a certificate holder allows them to access information and updates on your insurance policies, like early cancellation notices. You should list the following on your certificate of insurance:

Honk Technologies, Inc
2251 Barry Ave
Los Angeles CA 90064

If You’re Towing, Add:

On-Hook: $50K

On-Hook covers up to $50,000 in damages that take place while you’re towing a vehicle. If you aren’t towing, you won’t need to purchase this coverage.

If You’re Storing Vehicles, Add:

Garage Keepers: $50K

Garage Keepers covers damages that take place while you’re storing a customer’s vehicle on your premises. If you aren’t storing any vehicles, you don’t need to purchase this coverage.

How to Meet Honk’s Insurance Requirements

As we mentioned above, finding coverage that meets your insurance requirements is expensive and time consuming for roadside assistance (and especially towing) providers. It can take weeks to get a certificate of insurance with the right coverages, limits and certificate holder language. That’s why we’ve pre-built policies that come with every element of Honk’s insurance requirement already included. Select a policy below, fill out a quick, 5 minute application, and one of our licensed insurance advisors will reach out to make sure you have exactly what you need.

If you already have an agent or broker that you enjoy working with, make sure you’re very specific about your business and your insurance requirements.

If you have any questions, Bunker’s team of licensed insurance advisors is here for you! Reach out to support@buildbunker.com, or give us a call at (877) 968-9108.

Explore Insurance Requirements for Other Top Roadside Assistance Marketplaces:

Insurance requirements for towing providers working with top roadside assistance networks, Agero, Waste Management, Urgently, Honk, Pinnacle Motor Club, and Urgently
Compare Insurance requirements for the top Networks
Agero Insurance Requirements
Agero Insurance Requirements
Waste Management Vendor & Contractor Insurance Requirements