Last Updated: March 21, 2019
• what personal information we collect from you (“you” or “yours”) and other visitors (each a “visitor”) to buildbunker.com (the “Site”);
• why we collect it;
• how we use it; and
• the choices you have for accessing, managing and updating it.
Please take the time to read this Policy carefully. We have tried to keep our Policy as simple as possible, but if you do not understand terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then please read more about these key terms first at the bottom of this page.
The terms of this Policy apply to you and all visitors to the Site, and they should be read with our Terms of Service, which also apply to all users of the Services. If you represent a company posting your insurance requirements (a “Requiring Firm”), the additional terms and conditions (the “Additional Terms”) found in the last section of this document apply to you, and the Additional Terms govern in the event of any inconsistency between the Additional Terms and this Policy. If you are using our Services from any location outside of the United States of America (“USA”), please note that the personal information we collect will be transferred to -and used, stored and otherwise processed in — the USA, which is where we are based.
We reserve the right to change, add or remove any portion of this Policy at any time by updating this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting this page to review any changes to this Policy since your last visit. You can easily tell whether there have been any changes since your last visit by viewing the “Last Modified” date at the top of the Policy, so please visit this page frequently. We will notify you by email if we subsequently decide to use your personal information in a different way than we told you when you provided it so that you can decide whether we can use your personal information in this new way. Your use of the Services or this Site after we post any changes to this Policy constitutes your express acceptance of, and consent to, its terms. If you do not understand, or if you do not agree with, any of the terms of this Policy, you should immediately stop using the Services and this Site.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the use of your personal information, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the following address:
Bunker Protect, Inc.
424 Clay St.; Lowr Level
San Francisco, California 94111
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from all of our users so that we can deliver a unique, personalized experience for each user, and so that we can improve the Services. We collect information in the following ways:
· Information You Give Us. We collect information that you give us, including the following:
o Registration: Our Services require you to register with us. When you register, we will ask you for personal information to store with your account. This personal information may include your name, home and work postal addresses, driver’s license number, social security number, date of birth, insurance application information former insurance information, occupation information, income, educational background, gender, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, payment instrument information, such as credit card information, tax identification number as well as all other information you directly give us on our Site.
o Public Profiles: We may ask you to create a publicly visible profile so that you can enjoy all of the benefits of the Services. You may provide personal information to us when you create the profile.
o Use of the Services: You may also provide personal information to us through the normal use of the Services, including responses, postings, pictures or comments that you may provide to activities, content uploads, communications with us, and any other information you may voluntarily provide.
o Communicating with us: You may also provide us with personal information when you contact us for support or with questions.
· Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources, including User Content submitted or created by other users of the Site. We may add this to information we get from this Site. We may also collect certain information through your Linked Accounts.
· Information We Automatically Collect From Your Use of Our Services. Like most online services, we automatically log information about you when you use the Services or visit this Site, including:
o Device Information: We collect device-specific information (including, for example, your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and phone number), which we may associate with your account.
o Log Information: When you use our visit this Site or use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information in log files, including, for example:
• Details about how you use our Services, including passwords, logins, individual device identifiers, geo-location statistics, check-ins, page views, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, content uploads and other information about how you interact with the Services;
• Internet protocol addresses;
• Device event information like crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language and the date and time of various actions you have taken;
• Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls; and
• Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
o Location information: When you use our Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information about nearby devices like Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
o Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms like browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
o Tracking Technologies. We and/or our partners (such as marketing partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers, may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and to gather information about our users. We may receive reports based on the use of these tracking technologies on an individual and aggregated basis. The use of tracking technologies by third parties on the Site is not covered by this Policy. We do not have access or control over these technologies.
o Monitoring and Security. In order to ensure network security, we may employ software programs that do such things as monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access, and detect computer viruses. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect additional information from your computer.
Not all of the information that we collect from you is personally identifiable, but we may associated it with personally identifiable information that we have collected.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to develop, maintain, operate, enhance, and provide all of the features and Services found on our Site now and in the future and to service your Account, including, for example, to:
• administer, operate, maintain, and improve our Site and Services;
• respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
• send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and Services offered by us and our selected partners;
• provide and deliver products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
• link or combine personal information you have provided with other information created or submitted by others;
• perform data analysis, including analysis of the trends and preferences of our users generally, and specifically with respect to user insurance requirements and needs, on an individual and aggregate basis. We may use such information to offer an array of analytics capabilities to users, insurers and others, which are designed to help users more effectively assess their risks and construct insurance programs and other risk mitigation strategies;
• monitor aggregate site usage metrics, such as total number of visitors and pages viewed;
• personalize our Services, provide customized third party advertisements, content and information, and monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Services and third party marketing activities;
• protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
• comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
• send you promotional information, products and services offered by third parties that we feel may be of interest to you, including information about new developments, events, features and enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, surveys, contests, news and general offers.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or share personal information about you, except with your consent, to the extent required by law, or as described in this Privacy Notice.
• Consent. We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
• Affiliates and Business Partners. We may share your information with our affiliates and business partners to enable them to provide services to you and to enable them to contact you regarding additional products and services in which you have expressed an interest. We may also share personal information with third parties who are not business partners for those parties’ own purposes, such as to offer products or services that may interest you.
• Service Providers and Agents. We work with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, transcription, marketing and support as well as other business services. To the extent necessary for these service providers to complete their work for us, they may have access to or process personal information, but they are contractually restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services to us.
• Legal Matters. We may disclosure your information if we believe it is reasonable, appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, to protect us from fraudulent, abusive, predatory or unlawful uses or activity, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to respond to an audit, to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to protect the security or integrity of the Services or Site, including to enforce the Terms that apply to the use of this Site, or to protect or vindicate the rights, property or personal safety of Us, our users or others. Note that we may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
• Liability. We may be liable for the transfer of personal data to third parties.
INTERNET BASED ADVERTISING AND THIRD PARTY SITES
Third parties that are unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Platform. We do not have control over these third party collection practices and advise you to adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins if you wish to minimize these third-party collections.
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Platform does not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Platform respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
We participate in the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union, European Economic Area, and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, redress and enforcement (the “Privacy Shield Principles”). If there is any conflict between the terms in this policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about privacy shield, and to view our certification, please visit the Privacyshield.gov.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, We commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. All individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us at:
or by writing to the following address:
Bunker Protect, Inc.
424 Clay St.
San Francisco, California 94111
We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the BBB EU Privacy Shield, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit the BBB EU Privacy Shield at https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacyshield/file-a-complaint/ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the BBB EU Privacy Shield are provided at no cost to you.
Finally and as a last resort, EU and Swiss individuals with unresolved privacy complaints may invoke a binding arbitration option before a Privacy Shield Panel.
The Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) has jurisdiction with enforcement authority over Our compliance with the Privacy Shield.
THE PRIVACY OF MINORS
This Site is not intended for children or minors, and we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information of minors who are under the age of eighteen (18). If you believe we may have information about a minor who is under the age of 18, please notify us immediately at email@example.com
If you are under the age of eighteen, you are not permitted to submit any information to us. In an instance where such information is collected, it will be presumed purely accidental and unintentional.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting your information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We will exercise reasonable care, including implementing necessary administrative, technical and physical controls to protect your information.
Although we take steps to protect personal information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will not be responsible or liable for damage, pecuniary or otherwise, caused by a third party’s unauthorized access to or use of your personal information. Further, we will not be responsible for maintaining or storing your person information or other User Content for any particular time
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR OPT-OUT RIGHTS
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collected from you. You can choose whether or not to disclose certain personal information when we ask you to do so, but some Services or functions may be more difficult or impossible to use if you choose not to disclose certain Personal Information, and your experience in using the Services will not be as personally tailored. Certain Personal Information must be disclosed before you will be able to access any part of the Services.
You can, at any time, opt-out of us (i) disclosing your personal information to third parties that are not agents of, or providers of service to, us, or (ii) using of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the opt-out mechanisms (if any) contained in the Services. To opt out of further communications from a marketing partner or sponsor with whom your information has already been shared, please contact that partner directly. Please note that, even if you have opted out of sharing with third parties, your personal information may still be disclosed to third parties to the extent that you provide it to third parties using the Services (e.g., by posting it using functionality in the Services). If you chose to opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING, UPDATING AND REMOVING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We acknowledge the right of EU and Swiss individuals to access their personal data. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to receive non-account specific information from us, you can access, correct, update and/or remove personal information about you that we have collected by emailing your request to us at email@example.com or by using the functionality contained in the Services (if any). When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems). Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We seek to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Unless you request that we remove your personal information, we will retain it for as long as your account and use of the Services remain active and for a period of time after that in order to provide you with the unique, personalized experiences generated by the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request certain information regarding our disclosures of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address above to submit your request.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR REQUIRING COMPANIES
Application Data Caches. An application data cache is a data repository on a device. It can, for example, enable a web application to run without an internet connection and improve the performance of the application by enabling faster loading of content. Beacons. See pixel tags. Browsers. A program or application with a graphical user interface for displaying HTML files, webpages and used to navigate the internet. Examples of browsers include chrome, safari, internet explorer and fire fox.
Browser Web Storage. Browser web storage enables websites to store data in a browser on a device. When used in “local storage” mode, it enables data to be stored across sessions (for example, so that the data are retrievable even after the browser has been closed and reopened). One technology that facilitates web storage is HTML 5.
Cookies. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
IP addresses. Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
Operating System. A software that supports the basic functions of a computer or mobile device. Operating Systems can executing applications, schedule tasks, and controlling peripherals. Examples of operating systems include Windows, IOS, Android and Linux.
Opt-out. The process of electing not to participate in certain parts of our Services. Personal Information. This is information which you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by us, such as information we associate with your user account.
Pixel tags. A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.
Scripts. An automated series of instructions or computer code carried out in a specific order for a specific function.
Unique Device Identifiers. A unique device identifier (sometimes called a universally unique ID or UUID) is a string of characters that is incorporated into a device by its manufacturer and can be used to uniquely identify that device (for example an IMEI-number of a mobile phone). Different device identifiers vary in how permanent they are, whether they can be reset by users, and how they can be accessed. A given device may have several different unique device identifiers. Unique device identifiers can be used for various purposes, including security and fraud detection, syncing services such as a user’s email inbox, remembering the user’s preferences and providing relevant advertising.